Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in Cochabamba!

Well, it has been quite the first few days here in the lovely valley town. I arrived on Saturday and met my hos family. Saturday night, we went to a family party and I met brothers and sisters, parents and grandparents, nieces and nephews. It was a fun party, but ended not too well. This incident led to a change of host families yesterday. I am now living closer to school in an area that I know. Also, I am with an amazing family--a wondeful mom and dad, and sweet brothers and sisters. I feel much more comfotable and safe in my new home!

Also, we had orientation and our first classes yesterday. I have four classes that are 45 minutes each with one teacher and I. It is difficult, but I think will challenge me and help improve my Spanish. I am really looking forward to these 6 weeks of classes. I have already started meeting other students, which is also a plus!

Visiting both the girls and the younger ones really helped me feel batter! Seeing them again made me feel so much better! I watched a few episodes of Drake and Joush an played Candyland with the girls, and played outside with the little ones! I really did miss them!

This weekend will be a good, but busy one! Friday I am going dancing with the tias and Saurday I will be attending the annual Moda Loca at the girls´ home, which is a crazy, insane, wacky modeling show!

After a rough start, I am feeling much more settled and at home. But, atill missing everyone!

Sending all my love and more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Megs--
    Enjoyed your Blogs. Many students and parents at school told me they send their love and wish you well. Tomorrow I will begin my immersion into the Spanish language with Rosetta Stone. I will have some conversation to share with the children at Ninos on my next visit. Just heard on the late news that the Packers are favored by 2 1/2 points in the Super Bowl over Pittsburgh. I am really tired as we wrap up the second quarter--I guess I am getting old. Did we tell you we now have Fastrak to hurry us across the bridge! I really enjoyed Skyping with you tonight. I could not survive without Skype! Hope all goes well at the language school this week. We'll see you soon. Love always and miss you tons, Dad. Go Packers!

    ReplyDelete