Monday, July 12, 2010

Farmacia Soto

I had my first pharmacy experience here in Bolivia! Very interesting! I walked in, wihout a prescription and without knowing what I needed, and told the woman working there my symptoms. She asked if I was allergic to penicillin, and I replied no. She pulled a huge box of pills from behind the counter and asked if I would like 4 or 5 days. I said 5 and she cut me 15 pills, 3 per day. I paid 22.50 Bolivianos, or $3.20 for my antibiotics! So, I really do not know what kind of anitbiotic I am currently taking, but I hope it works quickly! I do not want to be sick for my trip this weekend! This afternoon I do feel a little better, so I hope the medicine is working!

I had to blog about this because it was a much different experience than in the U.S.

I am off to Pedacito del Cielo, the baby home!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...not sure if this is a good thing or not...lol...The price was sure right and I hope they work. Next time ask to see the label on the box of pill...just in case..lol...You are one brave girl and I love you soooo. A. Nance

    ReplyDelete