Friday, July 2, 2010

Victory!

This is just a quick post to update everyone on my visa situation. Today, Dona Olimpia and I went to Interpol yet again with many more papers, though! And, it was a success! I completed the first portion of the visa issuing process! It will take Interpol between 20-25 days to process all the paperwork. When they get back to me, I will move on to dealing with immigration, which I heard I actually pretty scary. But, I feel very accomplished for today!

In other news, I bought an alpaca scarf and hat today for my upcoming trip to La Paz and Lake Titicaca. Everyone says it is FREEZING! And, when I stopped in La Paz on the way to Santa Cruz it was definitely -3 degrees. So, I thought a scarf and hat could come into use! Also, I have not been able to find plain binder paper and peanut butter. I have been craving a banana and peanut butter! It is very strange! Excitingly, I have been taking a lot of buses and taxi-trufis, and I have not gotten lost. I am getting to know the city much better. So, if you would like to come down for a visit, I can definitely show you around!

I miss everyone! Sending lots of love!
XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, can't wait to hear about your recent trip and all the adventures. Reading your blog is like being there with you. I am sure you had a great weekend. Tomorrow is the first day of summer session and I am looking forward to working with the new 8th grade students. They read The Pearl and this will be the first book we discuss. Then on to Mutant Message Down Under.

    I am sorry about the peanut butter. Maybe you could get a recipe and make some homemade peanut butter. The kids may like that. I love to put some peanut butter in my yogurt. You will have to try that if you find some. I had dinner with mom and dad this evening we went to Chef Chows but of course we sure did miss you.

    Ake and Linc barked at all the fireworks last night but we lived through it. So anyway...I will keep checking for an update. And keep those pictures coming. The colors and the people look so beautiful. You stay healthy and know I hold you in my heart. Love you, A. Nance

    ReplyDelete