Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Children










These are the faces I get to see smile and laugh everyday. These are the kids I give good morning kisses and goodbye hugs to. These are the young ones who make me laugh and allow me to stay forever young. These are the children I play games with and read stories to. The are the children of Bolivia who I will carry in my heart forever...

Although they live thousands of miles away in a very foreign country, they are just like us. I see myself in little Victoria--her curiosity and her hesitation, her beautiful laugh and her amazing smile, her unlimited independence and her adventurous spirit. I see my friends and family in each of these kids--their sarcasm, their smiles, their kindness, and their love.

These are the kids I work with, and these are the kids who have lighted a flame within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment