Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update!

Living without internet for about a week really is frustrating--no chats with family and friends, no updates on Facebook, and no blogging. But, there are those, around the world, who live without internet everyday. Having it available and at my fingertips has made me used to always having internet. So, the last seven days of no skype dates and no updates from Facebook has been difficult, especially with everything that is going on at home. But, moments like this always puts everything into perspective--things like the internet are a luxury, and millions worldwide live without it. So, for 7 days I can handle it!

Last Thursday night was the Chino y Nacho concert with the older girls, and we had such an amazing time! The girls, in groups of two, waited in line starting at 8 in the morning! We didn't enter the stadium until 10 PM, so it was a very long day by that point. After another hour of standing and waiting, Chino y Nacho, the Venezuelan reggaeton duo, came on and the screaming began! This was the girls' first concert, and they were more than excited! We were in a packed crowd, so I didn't get many pictures of the girls, but, with much pressure from the girls, I got a lot of pictures of Chino y Nacho! They are really a very cute duo! And, they are both around my age! Next stop, Venezuela!

Saturday, we had our Christmas in July party, which was quite the success. I found an amazing santa and reindeer sweater in the cancha. After work at the girls' home, I headed to Amy's house, which was fully decorated with a Christmas tree, garland, and lights! We exchanged our white elephant gifts, and Kimber and I ended up with a tea pot, an apron supporting Native American youth (another cancha find), and chocolate.

Monday was a pretty bad day--woke up with a sick stomach, and ended up staying home throwing up for the rest of the day. The next day, after trying to stick out my shift at work, I went to the lab and found out I have a pretty bad parasite! Yet again! So, I am on Noxom and must go back to the lab in a few days for an E.Coli test if I am not better. So, with the weird eye infection and the bacterial finger infection, it has been a really healthy month.

Despite the weird infections and parasites, I am enjoying my time here! Each day spent with the kids is such a treasure. I was thinking this morning how easily things are lost, and I never want to lose or forget the memories from Bolivia.

Hope all is well, and I think of you all everyday! Sending lots of love, hugs, and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment